
Brilee spent the night with a friend this weekend and they made crafts. It's this stretchy thing braided made with all sorts of material. I guess you can use old socks to make it, I'm not sure if that's what they used. Mike didn't know quite what to do with it. She was really hoping he'd use it for a key chain. Ok, so I took a picture of what it would look like with his car key attached. I could just imagine him driving with this thing knocking his knee...not gonna happen! It's as long as my foot and bulky. We giggled when she was talking about it and then her last plea was for him to at least take it to his office. He said he didn't know what to do with it in his office. We were in the kitchen while this conversation was happening and I said to look around in my office, I have all sorts of things that they've made. He stood there for a minute, glanced at the art covered refrigerator and thought about "my office" being the house and knew I had a great point. :-)
So, he'll be taking this to work and you betcha she'll be on the lookout the next time she visits dad's office. Great work Brilee, we love your gifts!
6 comments:
Hee Hee, this was the project I had them work on in the car while we ran errands and spent 200 hours in the commissary. If she keeps adding to it she could make a jump rope (original use for it) that Dad can use in his office to either gain cardio benefits or wrestle out the unwanted.=) We'll take her anytime!
Thanks Leslie, she loves being at your house. I even got told how GOOD Texas toast is, so not wanting to be outdone yet again by Leslie's cooking, I bought some and made french toast. mmmm!
I AM LAUGHING OUT LOUD!! That is HILARIOUS! I LOVE the craft and I want to see a picture of Mike holding the key chain proudly. And I loved your office comment. So true! Texas toast is the only way to go for french toast!
Cute gift I'm jealous! I can't wait until our fridge is covered in art work from Sam!
Well, I think that it looks like the old fashioned or new fashioned way of starting to make rag rugs or something like that. Yeah Brilee. Mike's office is going to be so cute! Texas toast for french toast...I never thougth of that. Thanks for the idea.
Don't ya love your children's creations? At least it wasn't food...my kids try to make a "surprise" dessert every now and then (which from one of your earlier posts I know you would NEVER eat, because it always seems to have lots of fruit chunks). Needless to say, I have never actually tried any of their "surprise" desserts. I tell them they have to try it first (they won't).
Post a Comment