Sunday, 11 May 2008

Piano Recital Preparation

The girls are almost ready for the recital this Friday. They each have one piece and the trio Yankee Doodle. They've worked very hard to memorize their music and stay together. The trio has been hard because they can't keep their fingers to themselves and the bench seems to have gotten smaller since last year. It's made for a lot of crazy practice sessions but it's paid off! Sorry the video's are separate, our camera only takes video for 30 seconds. Maddi is playing minuet in G, Brilee is playing Part of your world, and Lauryn is playing Plurals.

10 comments:

Rach =o) said...

That is so awesome. How old are you girls, and how long have they been playing. Do you give the lessons or do they have private lessons. How fun to have such a musically talented family.

Brea said...

Bravo!! Very impressive!! :) Such talented girls!!

Smith Family said...

Maddi and Brilee have been taking for about 3 years, Lauryn 2 years. They have private lessons, I help when they have questions on the songs but that's about it.

Anonymous said...

What marvelous talent you have!! Keep up the great work. I know that practicing is hard and not so fun, but you are getting to be so awesome in your playing and soon, you'll be able to accompany each other when you sing and help out in primary and young women and that's a great opportunity and it also brings great joy because it is so beautiful. I am going to miss your recital this year and I am sad, but I know that you each will do a great job and I will be waiting anxiously for a video of each of you!!!! Good Luck, girls

Smith Family said...

Oh, Maddi just turned 11, Brilee 9, Lauryn 8

Jenny Roberts said...

Awesome! The girls are doing great. I hope Tommy will be able to play like that in a few years.

Jill said...

I miss you! Your girls are doing what I dream my girls will be able to do someday. They are to die for they're so cute. Keep up the good work girls!

Stephanie said...

Oh wow Traci they are great! How fun for them to all play together too. That is awsome and such talent!

Anonymous said...

Wow they sounds so great! I love, love, love the trio. That is so cool!!

taylortots said...

Hey!!!! At first I cried through the piano, then got to Lola, we were all laughing so hard!! We got a new computer, its in the box!!!Yippee it a Dell can you believe it!! Miss and love you all!

Our Travel Map