Wednesday, 21 May 2008

We've got good girls!

With the complaining moments, there are also good ones.
We get programming a day later than in the states. So, last night (Tues) the states got part one of the American Idol Finale. Tonight (Wed) we get to see it. The problem is tonight we have activity days for the girls. For those that don't know what activity days is, it's for the girls ages 8-11 in our church. They get to learn about all sorts of fun things that will prepare them for young women's when they turn 12. They also learn to set goals both long and short term.
Ok, back to the subject...I do NOT want to miss American idol. We get home at 8:30, American idol will have 30 minutes left of the show. The girls were also very excited to see how David Archuleta performs. So, I suggested that we just stay home from Activity Day's so we can watch idol. I was SURE in my mind they'd go for the "cool" idea. All 3 of them yelled NO!!! We want to to go Activity Days!!!!I couldn't persuade them otherwise because I knew in my heart it was the right choice. But Darnit, I wanted to sit at home on my duff and watch idol.
So, I just have to say publicly that even though we have not soo great moments here, I'm proud of the girls they are becoming. I guess that also means that we're doing something right as parents for them to chose a church activity over popcorn and idol. :-)

8 comments:

Jill said...

TAPE IT!!!!!! It was really, really good, and you'll want to watch the entire thing, not just the last half hour. I hope you have a VCR or TIVO or something! :o)

Smith Family said...

Have neither and we missed it! Tomorrow we feed the missionaries while the finale is on. WAAAHHHH!!!

Stephanie said...

Cant you watch it online there? Cuz we can here, try that to get caught up and actually get to see it. Yay for what good girls you have!

Smith Family said...

We can't watch it online here because our computer's aren't in the US. BUMMER! SAme with Netflix, we can't watch the video's online even though our account has it activated.

Jill said...

How sad. Does YouTube not work in Germany? Try that. If not, I'm fresh out of ideas for you. Good luck on your quest!

Smith Family said...

You tube will work, I'm finding some of the videos now! :-)

Denise said...

Hope you finally got the IDOL results! Very impressive that your daughters chose wisely! You have great kids!

Anonymous said...

Your girls are so sweet! Were you guys happy with the results?

Our Travel Map