Wednesday, 22 July 2009

Look Ma, no hands!

Let me set the scene for, you my blogging audience. I was out jogging with the 2 older girls riding their bikes along the path. It's a paved path with a ditch along either side. This ditch has a few inches of water in it at one point. The girls like to catch tadpoles in the murky water.
Now imagine Maddi and Brilee cruising down this small hill with me panting in the background trying to keep up. I look ahead and see Brilee off her bike and then I see Maddi covered in mud at the only spot where the murky water is. I immediately stop and bust out laughing. (mother- of- the -year quality) I then start running towards them and see a lady out walking her dog who'd stopped to watch and see if help was needed. Brilee is laughing saying "Maddi fell in the ditch" I still can't type this without laughing as I try to picture what happened. Apparently, she wasn't looking where she was going and ended up in this 4 foot deep ditch. Luckily, she emerged with only surface scrapes and a stinging nettle rash on her legs and arms, we know it could've been a lot worse. She wasn't too amused as I joked she had tadpoles on the back of her shirt. (another Mother -of -the-year quality) I have to add, just this afternoon we were riding our bikes around the neighborhood and she said "Mom, I like to look down and watch myself as I ride the bike". Um, not a good idea I said...keep your eyes on the road ahead. I guess she was watching herself pedal again. :-(
We arrive home and I tell her to stand at her bike so I can run upstairs and grab the camera. She complied but wasn't too happy. She had mud down the back of her pants, she was anxious to get them off and jump in the shower. She's a trooper and is doing well this evening.

8 comments:

Jenny Roberts said...

Kids and mud seem to go well together. I am glad she had no serious injuries.

Krista said...

The fun of childhood! I fear my kids will do the same since they don't look ahead when they are riding even bikes now!

Stephanie said...

That really is something to laugh about, Its good she has a sense of humor too and can laugh at herself! Bless her little heart, I"m so glad she was ok

The Heiner's said...

Hahaha! Great story Traci! Poor thing. But glad it was just minor wounds. And what a trooper letting you take pics. I woulda done the same thing. :)

sixskinners said...

I'm sorry but this is FUNNY!!!

The State of Our Family said...

Maybe she just wanted a mud treatment...I don't think that was offered during the girls spa night! ;)

Dodie and Elmer said...

Too funny! Something to show future boyfriends.

Anonymous said...

This is seriously so great.

Our Travel Map