








The time has arrived for the strawberries to come into season. Our village has a big strawberry patch that I've already visited 3 times. The first time Dallin and I picked a huge bucket which we made fruit salad and just ate them. The second trip was yesterday where I picked another large bucket. I made 15 jars/containers of freezer jam. It turned out yummy! I wish I had access to the low sugar pectin but unfortunately I took what I could get. Today, we stopped in and picked another bucket which we'll eat and freeze for smoothies. They measure in kilo's so it was about7 kilos or about 16 pounds for 12 dollars. It's such a deal, plus they are just beautiful strawberries. Wish you all were here with us to enjoy the feast!
12 comments:
Strawberry fields forever?
Yummy!! How fun that you all get to go pick the strawberries!
Oh my yummy that sounds like so much fun and they look absolutely delicious!!!!!!!
Those are huge beautiful strawberries. I am sure your jam is way better than any that I have made because the strawberries were fresh, just picked. Way to go!!!
Is that a farmer out there or a plumber I see! Mike
ps...Warning!...Once my Grandma got diarrhea from eating to many strawberries!
mmm strawberries, my favorite snack...minus the diarrhea! Dawn
watch out for "Charlie" he might bite your berries!
It's surely a plummer you see in them thar fields! We couldn't resist taking that picture.
I had to check out who was blog stalking me! Those strawberries look divine!
~Retrogurl formally known as surfergirl
Those strawberries look yummy (minus the crack)!!!
Wow I'm jealous and great pictures too!
I AM SO JEALOUS!! That looks like so much fun for your family and your tummmy!!!
Those are huge!!!! and I'm talking about the strawberries!!! Good for you!
Those are some of the best looking strawberries I've ever seen!
Post a Comment