
Today the base had a "Hope for Haiti 5k in hopes of raising $10,000 for the relief efforts. I had thought about running but since I haven't run in WEEKS due to the snow and ice, I put that idea out of my mind. :-) Back at the beginning November I was running 3 miles but I haven't run anything more than a mile since then due to shin splints.

Mike called me at 9:30 this morning and said "Let's run!" I tried to back pedal out of the event but it was hopeless. I ate a yummy fish filet sandwich on a baquette from a local German deli and half a donut at 12pm. I figured I'd end up walking most of the race since I was not prepared to run.

Boy did these legs prove me wrong! I RAN THE ENTIRE RACE!!! We both finished in under 26 minutes. What an accomplishment for us. As you see on the ground, the conditions were less than desirable, it was also lightly raining. We ran on snow and slush. If I'd have thought about the conditions, I wouldn't have run in my new shoes. Oh well...it was for a good cause right?

Posing after the run in front of our house. We have a good foot of snow on the ground still. Down in the lower elevations, the snow is almost gone. Soon we'll melt and get back to normal.
8 comments:
GO MOMMY!!!!!
Great Job for an Awesome Cause!! Running on slush and snow isn't the best conditions and yet you did it in under 26 minutes, woohoo!!
Congrats!!! That's awesome!
You guys rock! What a great example to your kids that if you just put forth the effort for a good cause you'll be blessed! BTW: LOVE the new blog background...gorgeous!
I love Lauryn's comment :)
You guys are awesome! 26 minutes is fabulous!
I love the picture of the two of you in front of your house . . . you both look so cool and so tough ;)
Awesome! I think I would have chickened out with that weather!
I am so impressed that you ran a 5K in less than 26 minutes--especially in those conditions!
Awesome! Something to be proud of for sure!!
Post a Comment