Monday, 25 August 2008

Off to School!





Today the girls started school. They woke up shortly after 6am and were ready within minutes. I fixed their hair and they quickly ate their breakfast. They thought 7am was a good time to leave for the bus which didn't arrive until 8:05. At 7:20 they asked again if they could walk to the bus. I finally let them walk down at 7:40 which was about 5 minutes earlier than usual but they were too excited.
They didn't want me to drive them, they really wanted to ride the bus. I didn't argue, I let them call that decision!
After school they said they had a great day. They have great attitudes about learning and making this school year super. Dallin starts next Monday, he's also super excited.

13 comments:

Six Skinners said...

You have the cutest kids. They are so photogenic.

So, what are you going to do all day with all of your kids in school? I am having a really tough adjustment to the empty quiet house.

Smith Family said...

I had them all in school last year with Dallin in German kindergarten. So, I'll enjoy freedom yet again! I'm not sure exactly what I'll do besides hit the gym, the school to volunteer and I'll also look into helping with the wounded warrior center here on the army post.

Krista said...

Jenna wants to wish them all (but especially Lauren) a wonderful week and year at school.

Anonymous said...

You girls look so cute in your new school clothes and I am glad that you had a great first day at school and that you were excited to be there. I know that you will work hard and learn so much and that you will make new friends. I am so excited for you!!!

The Heiner's said...

How exciting Traci!!! All 4 in school?! Thats going to be fun for you! It's fun to be able to volunteer at your kids' school ha? I loved that! Can't get over how big your girls are! Their huge! And beautiful! :)

taylortots said...

Glad you had a great first day at school girls!! You all looked dashing!! The girls miss and love you...The first thing they do when they get home is check to see how you are! Much love~

Leslie said...

AHHHH back to school, back to a little freedom and quiet! No more cries of "I'm bored"! Sweet

Anonymous said...

What beautiful girls, you better watch out it won't be long before they will start turning heads. I hope that they had a great day.

Jenny Roberts said...

Your girls are turning into beautiful young woman.

Angela said...

Your kids are adorable!

Horne Family said...

Dang their getting big! Cute clothes! Brittany love them! Tell them we miss them and love them soo much!!

Anonymous said...

Great first day of school pictures!

Anonymous said...

Hello Smith Family! I love reading your blog and see what your family is up to. We're still living in a hotel and will be for ten more days when our household goods will be delivered. Did the girls ever finish learning "Pop Goes the Weasel"?

Our Travel Map