


There hasn't been anything exciting to blog about recently. This week we've lounged around while we caught the delayed taping of the olympics.
Yesterday I took the kids and the neighbors to pick blackberries. I had gone out by myself on Friday to search for some gems. I didn't have to walk far before I saw bush after bush. Last month we looked for them and figured they just weren't going to be blooming since the berries looked dead. I guess they were just beginning to grow. :-) I found a trail that led down a hill where some big ones were growing. We had to climb under 2 barbed wire fences to get to the mother load. Cows were grazing on the other side of the fence. Dallin tormented them with his umbrella and obnoxious MOOOOOO's. We had fun picking, there were lots of spiders in the mix with thousands of stinging nettle plants mingled in. We each got stung on our hands which only itch for a few minutes but I believe the hard work paid off. We had delicious blackberry, banana, mango, strawberry smothies. MMMMM!!
12 comments:
That's not boring! What I wouldn't give to be able to take my kids outside my door to pick blackberries....
Traci, you are the 3rd friend to blog about blackberries this week. Perhaps I need to get out there too!
I got the idea from Leslie, I didn't know they were ripe yet!
Mooooo! Leave it to Dallin to tourment the animals! :-) Looks like fun though, the pics of the fields in the backround were pretty
Looks like the pain paid off! We are heading back out later this week to get some more!
It looks beautiful there!!!
You guys are so quaint:)!
yummy. susan can't get enough berries. btw, we made your sausage & potato saute dish (i got it off rachel's blog) and it was delicious! thanks!
You're BORING!? I don't think so! Your girls are beautiful (boy is darling too) and the scenery is exquisite! LUCKY LUCKY DUCKS!
That looks like a ton of fun! I also just realized I didnt comment on your holland posts. Seeing all the pictures reminded me of when my brother went on his mission to holland, he brought us all home some wooden shoes, I love all the pictures, I think its great you guys are having such a nice time!
Ok, Lauryn is wearing a tank top and Dallin and Madisen are in long sleeves. What is going on there?!? Looks so yummy though! MOOOOO
I remember going berry picking as a kid. Some of my favorite memories! It looks like everyone had a good time.
Post a Comment