Sunday, 5 October 2008

Giving Thanks




What a wonderful world we live in today to be able to sit at home with a computer hooked up to the TV to watch General conference. We had an amazing internet connection today. Whenever we've tried to watch conference on the net in the past, the connection has always had a lag where the lips and sound didn't match. How frustrating that is to watch! Today there was not one single lag, everything was perfect!!!Every penny spent on the internet has been well worth it!
The time difference makes watching conference tricky. We catch LIVE the Saturday Morning and Sunday Morning at 6pm on those same evenings through the internet. We don't get to the other sessions as it's a bit late to stay up for. We could go down to the church building to watch the afternoon sessions on Sunday morning but we just don't make it. The sessions we watched at home were also being broadcast at the church building.
So, this post is to give thanks to technology that allows us to be spiritually fed by wonderful leaders and Prophet and to also share what I hold dear to my heart.
The girls each had packets to work on during conference. They enjoyed coloring and picking out the topic's of the talks. We will look forward to reading the talks that we missed next month in the Ensign.
I know that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is the only true and living church ordained of God on this earth. I know that our dear Prophet, President Thomas S. Monson, was called of God to lead Christ's church. How wonderful it is to live in these latter days where we have a prophet to lead and guide us through modern day revelation and the teachings of Christ. We live in a world that cries out for help in the family, in our marriages and in our everyday dealings with each other...I know that through living a Christ like life, we can have strong, loving families. We can teach our children that being virtuous is good, and that they are literal Children of a Heavenly Father that loves them.
I am thankful for my Family and love them dearly. I am not always the first to show them how much I love them. But, they read this and I want them to know that I love them very much. As President Monson said "someday we'll run out of the tomorrow's". I don't want tomorrow to come without them knowing how much I appreciate what they do for me. I am thankful for being a Mom to 4 wonderful, beautiful children who love and appreciate what I do for them.
After cleaning a bedroom Friday (3 long hours...) I was graciously thanked with a note on my bed.
I am blessed with a Husband who loves me dearly. We are blessed as a family to have the Priesthood in our home because he honorably holds it.
I am thankful for the opportunity to serve those around me. It lifts my spirits and lets me see more clearly the blessings around me.
I just wanted to share these thoughts and feelings before I drifted off to sleep.

8 comments:

N Godown said...

THat's awesome! Thanks for sharing your testimony! It was an amazing conference! I'm glad you were able to watch it from home.

Yaz said...

Traci,

Thanks for the testimony...you are an amazing gal and we love your family so very much.

Thanks for letting us be a part of it all. We need to hang out more.

Nick

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your testimony. You have brought such great joy to me in your words. Conference was absolutely wonderful to listen to and now we must go and do!

Ella said...

Wow that is awesome. I love the links you put in throughout to lds.org

I love your testimony.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your wonderful testimony. Technology truly is an amazing blessing.

kristine said...

How refreshing to hear your testimony. YOu are a beautiful person Traci. I loved conference, so much of what was said is what I need to hear to perservere! I am glad for these moments to have blogs to share and uplift others.. So we are in our home adn it is a fabuous feeling! We are in Santa Clara, Utah, right in the heart (or next to) St. George. We love it and we could not have picked a better neighborhood. I had at least 8 men in the ward here to help along with the movers, yesterday two mowed our lawn, and the wives have been great in getting to know.. I fell very blessed to be here with great church strength. I think I was in need of a good example for service. Hope your day is beautiful! Talk to you, or "see" you soon! :)

Joanna said...

hey, i so wish I could be in az to see you guys! i know it'll be so much fun! conference was great. i still always crave jiffy blueberry muffins like your mom used to make for us during conference. :)

taylortots said...

Hey whats going on over there?? I need my fill, I tried calling you but then i realized again that it was one a.m. sorry!

Our Travel Map