Wednesday, 30 July 2008

Crazy Fruit


I needed fruit for dinner Monday night. Well, I only needed the fresh strawberries, but the kids eat grapes like candy so I picked those up as well as some bananas.
I weighed the bananas and saw 2.00 on the label. Since when were bananas 98 cents a pound? The grapes were 5 something for the bundle and so were the strawberries. I couldn't believe I spent 12.50 on 3 fruit items. I mean, we need fresh fruit but I see how people don't buy it.
So, my question is....for those in the states, how much do you pay for a pound of bananas? Strawberries are out of season so those probably are more. What about grapes? I don't usually get them for less than 2.50 a pound. GOOD GRIEF, it's expensive here!

7 comments:

Joanna said...

hey - we're paying anywhere from $2.50 a package for strawberries when they're on sale, 60 cents a pound for bananas. grapes have been on sale lately for like $1.75 per pound.

Anonymous said...

Green grapes this week as Bashas are .79 and you can get 2 for 5 in strawberries. Don't know about bananas

Rach =o) said...

same here 2 for 5 on strawberries, usually 1.19 a lb for grapes, a lot of times more, the 79 cent sale happnes what once a year grr. And bananas usually between 49 and 98 cents a lb. Sucks huh! But gotta have it.

Jenny Roberts said...

Bananas are 67 cents a pound, Strawberries are usually around $2.50 a pound; although I have found them a number of times this summer for $1.00 a pound. Grapes you can pay up to $2.00 a pound, but they are usually on sale at one of the stores for under $1.00 (I got them 67 cents a pound last week).

Smith Family said...

Darn, I miss the produce selection. Oh well, I can't complain too much.

Krista said...

Yikes! FYI, if you shop off base at Lidl or Aldi they have great produce for a good price. I know it is in euros, so it won't be as cheap factoring that in, but still cheaper than what you paid!

Anonymous said...

That's way more than I pay for fruit and I feel like I pay way too much. The German farmers must be rich!

Our Travel Map