Sunday, 13 July 2008

Going Barefoot!

Major picture overload but there was just too much to see! The pic's are out of order, "bare" with me! :-)








Saturday we went on a barefoot hike to a place called barfusspfad in Bad Sobernheim. We were a bit worried that the weather wouldn't be nice, but it held off until after we were done for the big rain. It was still a bit cool but once we got going, we warmed up enough. The hike started by crossing a muddy area. Then, you walk in the grass, through fields on different surfaces. Sometimes you were walking on mulch, other times "smooth river rocks" (cold feet on river rocks...you get the idea) We walked on bridges, over smooth logs and crossed a stream. The concept of this hike they say is good for your body. It gives your body a chance to use the muscles the correct way instead of walking in a shoe that doesn't fit right. They also say it's good for your spine..? We found it to be fun, the mud smelled like sewer water though. We had a good laugh while walking through that murky mess. The kids were in heaven being told to stand in the mud. The hike was about 1.5 miles, we took it slow and enjoyed the scenery. We crossed a stream that ended up being deeper than we thought. Dallin and Lauryn ended up with completely soaked shorts. They were good sports about it though. We are glad we ventured off and did this day trip. It's something we'll remember for awhile. Oh, Dallin got a splinter in the bottom of his foot and says "that's why we shouldn't have gone on the hike with bare feet". That was the only casualty though.

10 comments:

Stephanie said...

That looks like so much fun, I love the pictures! You crack me up Traci, in every clip you are just giggling (like always) I love it/you! How fun that you guys are getting to experience so many fun and different things!

taylortots said...

I love to hear you laugh, I miss it! Did you all go get pedicures when you were done? what a cool place to visit~ Good thing there were no leeches around! AAHHHH

Smith Family said...

I tried to upload a video without the laugh...no such luck. I need to give mike the camera so he can record minus the laugh. :-)

Leslie said...

Bad idea, I love the laugh too! You beat me to the punch, this is on our list of "things to do" but I'm waiting for my sister. Glad to see it will be worth it!

Anonymous said...

Your laugh is what makes it so fun, besides all the adventure. You have a lighthearted way of seeing things and or a little of that devilish giggle makes it more enjoyable for the rest of us. What a unique experience. We can't do that barefoot thingy to much in AZ because we would either have burned feet, ant bites or stickers in our feet. Love the pictures of the family!!!

Smith Family said...

What made me giggle even more was the fact that it was slimy AND there were some small pebbles in the mud which didn't feel too great on the feet. I just giggle!

The Heiner's said...

Oh Traci, I love it! Looked like so much fun! What a blast. So neat you get experience cool stuff like that!

Horne Family said...

Cool Pics! How fun for the kids to get to do stuff like that without it being 115 outside! I bet they loved it. I cant believe nobody had a mud fight! Now that would be fun!!

Jenny Roberts said...

Wow. My kids would love to walk through the mud. I was a little worried you were going to slip a couple of times. Good to know the only causalty was a splinter.

Anonymous said...

What a cool place! Let's go there when I come visit!

Our Travel Map