I don't even want to post this because I feel sooo terrible. Our trip to the states has gone down the drain. We were counting on the military paying for tickets because we had what we THOUGHT was a trip earned because Mike came straight from Korea to Germany with only a few days in between. Before I went public with our announcement, we'd gone into the people in charge of our "paid for trip" to make sure we were entitled to it. They all said YEP, go ahead and submit the paperwork.
Well, it turns out that there is indeed a paid for trip back to the states but it's only for Mike. We are just sad to know that soo many people including us were wrapped up emotionally on this trip.
Our option would be to travel space A on a flight that could get canceled at the last minute and end up nowhere close to Arizona. We know that flight would only get us to South Carolina or Washington State. It's hard to book a commercial flight from that point to get us to Arizona not knowing when the said flight would arrive. It's a complicated process with Space A and a lot of time is needed. If we weren't trying to cram the trip into a 2 week window, space A would be a perfect option.
We have booked 5 days in Paris to off set the wo's on our end. We'll do a day at Disneyland again and see sights we haven't seen yet including Versailles, Normandy and the countryside.
Again, we're very sorry for getting everyone's hopes up. I feel terrible and now know NEVER EVER believe what I'm told from a member in uniform unless we have paperwork in hand to prove.
13 comments:
Such a bummer. Especially after watching the video of your girls and how excited they got. But hey....Paris.....Who doesn't want to go to Paris?
I am so sad to hear. Gotta love the military for their excellant communication!
sniff sniff.... I am sad. I wish you could come down and eat turkey with us, but it will happen sometime! Love you!!
OH no! I'm so sad for you guys. Too bad you're stuck with a boring trip to Paris now.
Awww Traci! Im so sorry to hear you can't come home! And I don't think you have to be sorry for anything! I just feel bad for you and your family!
Of course Paris does sound wonderful! :)
That is way sad Traci. I am so sorry you guys can't come. I hope you guys have a blast in Paris.
bummer. but paris is not a bad second choice. we went to versailles and it is spectacular!
Yeah that sucks! Totally! I havent told the kids yet, they'll be sad. But hey like everyone so far has said...I wish I could say I was going to paris!! We'll miss you here though. Love you!!
So totally frustrating! It sounds like friends and family would like to join you in Paris, though! *giggle*
PPPPTHTHTHTHTHTHTHTHTHTHTHT!!!!!!!PPPPTHTHTHTHTHTHTHTHTHTHTHTHTH!!!!!PPPPTHTHTHTHTHTHTHTHTHTHTHTHTHTHT!!
i know when i heard i did not like it and well im excited to go to disneyland for only eines (one)day.
Love,Maddi
Wow, that is so sad! But oh why am I not surprised. I'm sure it will be greta with the great adventures you have planned.
We took down our paper chain and burned it!
Post a Comment