Thursday, 30 October 2008

It's the Great Pumpkin!






Tonight we carved pumpkins. We had a lot of fun creating masterpieces. I did my own but one of the eyes fell off. So, he's One Eyed Willie.
Maddi tried to make a peace sign by cutting the entire square out first. OOPS! Then she tried to make it into Mickey Mouse. Lauryn helped carve another face on the other side of the pumpkin.
Brilee used a pattern to make her own pumpkin. Mike just helped punch one thing out. Her's also had some gross mold on the outside. We had a bad year with pumpkins, a lot molded before they were carved. Oh well, it added to the Halloween spirit!
We ended up with some yummy seeds when it was all done.

8 comments:

Denise said...

What do you do with the seeds? I hear people like to roast them. I am so grossed out by the nasty smell in the pumpkin that I can't wait to put it all in the garbage! The pumpkins turned out fabu...and what fun for your kiddos!

Angela said...

Mmmm...pumpkin guts! lol

Jaime said...

Your hair is cute! Looks like fun!

Horne Family said...

How fun! We carved pumpkins and had an exciting night! I'll post either later tonight or tomorrow. Just waiting for the pics to download from the kids phone to my computer! Sure wish I had a real camera!! :-)

Smith Family said...

I LOVE the smell of pumpkins. The first thing I do is take a huge sniff. :-)
I clean all of the stuff off the seeds and thrown them on a cookie sheet with salt and roast them for about an hour. We love pumpkin seeds!

Leslie said...

Looks like there is a new woman in the Smith home! Eva told me you got a new do! Looks great! Bangs!!! I roast the pumpkin seeds too but I smother them in melted butter before roasting because really, how can you go wrong with a little butta!

Tiffany said...

The pumpkins turned out awesome!! We didn't carve them this year. I just didn't think about it until I saw a lady buying one two days ago, by then, I figured it's almost all over with anyway-and the boys never asked about it..next year!! LOVE your hair cut!! And,,,I guess I need to make some roasted seeds for Denise!! Hope to see you at Christmas!

The Stromberg Epic said...

Awesome pumpkins. Sounds like you and Dan have problems with pumpkin eyes falling off!!

Our Travel Map