Wednesday, 11 March 2009

Our Week





If I were to say we've had a quiet, calm house...I'd be lying. Although the house has been quite lively and loud, we've had fun with the extra 5 bodies and hope that everyone would say they've enjoyed themselves.
This week we're swapping with our friends while they are in Paris. Next week, they return the favor while we head off to Rome. Not too shabby aint it?
I've survived meal time with my best friend the crock pot. We've made yummy chicken tacos and shredded bbq chicken sandwiches. We have stayed healthy and pray for good health next week as the kids join the Abbott's.
Here are a few pictures of the piles of shoes,coats and backpacks, dinner and our finds from the "floh market" (flea market) that we went to on Saturday.
The pottery is German pottery, the wooden bowl is a very old dough bowl that they made bread with. We're going to sand it and polish it up to put on our table to hold fruit. The sled is something I've wanted for decoration. The purse is for the loads of stuff lugged to ward conferences. They love their wicker purses and baskets here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really cool stuff that you found at the flea market. Isn't it fun to incorporate the good and love the ingenuity and lifestyles of other people and add them to yours? It brings such understanding about the who's, what's, why's and how's of their lives and enriches our experiences. I love the sled and the pottery, and would love the purse! I love the way in which everyone is willing to help each other out with watching children. There is a way to see the wonders of Europe with your spouse, a little R&R and not feel guilty. Way to go!

Sarah said...

You are a brave woman! And I love all the flea market finds. especially that bowl.

Have fun in Rome. Must be nice.

Our Travel Map