
This past week, Mike and I took a trip to Rome. We enjoyed fabulous sites, beautiful sunshine, excellent food and gelato. But most of all, we enjoyed the time together. We trotted around the city and soaked up the surroundings. Here are some of the highlights from our trip.

This is the Coliseum. It was amazing to stand next to and then walk inside.
The arch of Constantine which is right outside the colleseum.

I was disappointed while at the Coliseum. We were told that we'd see pickpocketing easily and the "Gypsy" kids would come up to us with newspapers for us to take then they'd start digging at our pockets. We were ready for the action...but it never happened!! I wanted to at least come back with one cool pickpocket story, but I didn't. Oh well, I guess it's best that we weren't victims, but a good story would've been nice right? We'll just live vicariously through the stories of others.

Trying to figure out what sites were what at the Roman Forum.

This is just looking down into the Roman Forum. It would've been nice to have a tour guide with us to tell us what we were looking at. Although the history alone is amazing, I would've loved to know more about the things. We had a travel book from
Rick Steves who is simply amazing, but some things were a bit more vague.
6 comments:
Wow! Simply amazing! Rome is gorgeous. My parents swear by Rick Steves too. :) You took some awesome pictures. You are really getting a ton out of your time in Europe. Good for you!
Hey girl. We LOVE Rick Steves. Rome was our first trip outside the US, and we just loved it. Everything about it was awesome & romantic. Looks like you guys had a GREAT time! My mouth is watering for some good gelato...
Amazing pictures and history!
I am seriously SO JEALOUS! I want to go there so bad. I love history and art. What a perfect place to go for that. I hope you guys had a great time!!!!
Wow Traci, It looks like you guys are getting quite the education in culture and history. I am envious keep the commentary coming... love all the pictures!!!
Is that our book that made it into the picture? Yay! Man I wish we could have done that together. Italy was my favorite trip. We should go back when the kids are grown up (without them!)
Post a Comment